Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Truly Blessed


What do you think you'll be doing with your life in 10 years from now? As I approach getting another year older, if you would have asked me almost 10 years ago about my life today, I would have never imagined that this life of mine is actually mine.

Yesterday, I was able to: *Please note: I don't do all of these things every day*
*Did Pilates - I wouldn't have even known what this is, yet alone would have probably laughed and not taken seriously.
*Ran a mile after working out - Run?!! Yah right!!!
*Pulled weeds - Got my finger nails dirty?! Uhhh no.
*Finished reading a truly inspirational book {Rachel's Tears} - Read?! And on top of that read a book about the love of God?!
*Wrote on my blog - I would have never kept a blog about my life, but I would have thought this would have been pretty cool.
*Checked on our baby birds in the nest - Bird watch?! What? And put feeders up all around the house to attract them to come to our house?
*Waited to hear about our fostering license - In a million years would I have ever thought I would be doing this.
*Did loads of laundry of clothes that have been donated to us for fostering - To know that friends and complete strangers in our community support us doing this by giving us items that we might need.
*Cleaned our house from hosting Bible Study this past weekend - Bible Study? This so doesn't sound like me.
*The neighbor kids asked if they could come over to visit with us - Neighbors kids even want to hang out with us?
*Grilled salmon on our grill {we had salmon and salad for dinner} - Salmon AND salad??! Yuck.
*Trav pointed out that flowers I planted started to pop up - I wouldn't plant things or even care about planting things
*Planned a dinner I'm going to bring to friends this week  - I don't cook, especially anything than a frozen pizza!
*Watched baseball with my husband - Sports??! Please.
*Rubbed my husband's feet - Feet completely gross me out
*Prayed before going to bed  - Maybe, but this doesn't really sound like me.
*Listened to the roaring thunder - I would have been annoyed before trying to go to sleep
*Fell asleep to the man that God put me with & I couldn't have asked for anyone better - God knows who you should be with.

The only thing that I would have ever guessed that I would be doing in my life this current moment would be:
*Eating cookie dough

"The heart of man plans his way, but they Lord establishes his steps" Proverbs 16:9

God has way better plans than my life that I would EVER of had (or even imagined).  I am in complete awe of how my life has my life is completely different than I would have ever of thought when I was 19. I am truly blessed beyond words. 

I can't wait to see what the Lord will do with my life within the next ten years.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)