Saturday, February 7, 2015

What Did I Just Sign Up For?



"Do you want to run a marathon?" Travis asked with his eyes lighting up.
*Crickets*
"Honestly, no. I can't see myself doing ever doing that. Nor do I want to..."
"But I want to run one with you. What about a half? We can run it on the day I graduate."

Trust me, I don't want to do it. 
I hate running. I hate exercising. 
I haven't ran in such a long time because of the cold weather and just being lazy. 
I am way out of shape to even run a 5k and you want me to do a half??!!!
13.1 miles, are you crazy?!!!!

Yes..yes, he is. And now, I am officially crazy too.

Starting March 2nd, we're going to begin training to run for a half marathon {update 2.12.15: a 5K. MIL told Travis that if he wanted me to run again, then we need to start small. She has ran plenty of races and knows me well}. We didn't sign up for an actual run, but the plan is just to get up early the morning and just do it. Before Travis graduates that day, and hopefully before family gets up to celebrate with us. It'll be just him and I. {Just hoping that the graduation ceremony time is in the afternoon}.

The only reason I am doing this is for my husband. 
He is so active, and I am not. 
He loves to sweat. I think sweating is gross.
He works out hard core. I do simple workouts but want instant results.
We're complete opposites when it comes to working out.
Even though it will make him happy that we do this together,
it'll be a huge milestone... for both of us.
And a new start to our life.

I started running a while back in 2014, but then all the times I thought I was doing {which was really good time} wasn't accurate. I didn't have my GPS turned on while running any of those runs, so it guessed how far I was going. Which turned out to be way off. {I apologize if you guys believed my previous posts about my running time. I did too and was disappointed after finding out how to turn the GPS on that my distance was way off, making my time not quick at all}. To be honest, it's not about the time, it's about accomplishing it.

Hopefully I can do it. 
It's going to be a lot of hard work.
A lot of sweat.
And beating the mind game.
I think I can, I think I can..

Do you recommend any running apps for a half marathon 
or do you have any tips?


3 comments:

  1. I wish you the very best of luck!! So inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much! I am going to try :)

      <3 Ash

      Delete
  2. This is exciting, I of course love running. I see it so much as my me time!! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)