Friday, September 19, 2014

Tatum the Tattle Teller

Tatum is one special dog, fur baby, child. He makes me laugh so much, that I had to share.

He likes to tattle on his brother, sister, and any visitors {well Callie} in the house when they run away.


For example, he will sit in the back yard and bark, and bark, and bark, until you come and see what's going on. When he knows that he told us, he goes insides and waits while we look for whoever escaped the fence.


Then we come back, make sure that whoever escaped did a bad thing, but Tatum gets all the attention for being so good on telling us what happened {which he adores with every bit of his being}.


And his smile seems endless; like this:



 
 

I mean look at that adorable face. He gets me every time and I can't get over it.

The other day, something similar happened. He just barked at the door until I came to see what was going on. I was glad he let me know of course, but knowing that I would have to look for two dogs in the pure dark didn't make me too excited.


I opened the garage door, debating if I should get in the car or if I should just walk in the woods near by. I yelled for them a couple of times, but I think they were having too much fun to even notice. I went back in to grab some shoes and socks and give me a minute to think. I left Tatum in the garage because I knew he wasn't going anywhere. Tatum tells simply because he is too lazy to run away, plus he likes the reward afterwards. {The funny thing is I remember writing about Tatum's puppy stage where he would, "He will run away (thankfully it’s just been to the neighbors)"}


I got on my shoes and came back into the garage. Tatum was there and just looked at me with that little smile on his face as I saw two dogs straggling into the garage.


I'm pretty sure he's telepathic. He had to tell them, "Mom is going to be SOOOOOOOO mad if you don't get your butt home right now." LOL. 


And Tatum has that gift of understanding what we tell him. I mean, I honestly think he knows English, when we tell him, "Go look out a window" he does. And when Travis and I were laying on the couch I squealed, "Look at Michelle's rat eating spaghetti!" as I shoved the picture in Travis' face. Tatum turned and gave me the dirtiest look of all time, as to say, "A rat gets spaghetti?! Shouldn't that be ME?" Tatum didn't seem to happy with us for a while and shrugged us off for a couple of minutes. He finally forgave us as we got him a treat.


Tatum is so special. We are so lucky to have him in our lives.




2 comments:

  1. Aww that is so adorable. I can so relate to him as a child I was a tattle tale :) We want a dog so much but since we are trying to save money for a big vacation in Feb, we have put it off! But I just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw, that's cute. :) Saint still thinks that her reflection in the mirror is another dog. She will bravely wake us up so she can protect us from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)