Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Newbie's Makeup: Makeup Beginnings

When you start experimenting with makeup, things are bound to happen:

1.) At work, a customer asks if you've ever worked at a strip club before. When you tell them "No, I'm pretty sure I haven't" - they offer you a job. {Is that a compliment?!}

2.) Your husband tells you how pretty you look. all. the. time. Was I not pretty before or are you just saying it because I'm asking you? Ha.{Even though previously he used to tell me "I can't tell when you wear makeup or not"}

3.) You are willing to experiment with new things. If you try red lipstick and go in for a work meeting, you may hear snickering coming from girls behind you. Your boss may feel bad for you telling you the next day, "Don't listen to them, you looked very nice." And another guy from work, "Those girls were hatin' on you." Confused, yes.


 
I'm still learning how to do my makeup,
so you can laugh all you want. LOL.

4.) You may find you have an allergic reaction to certain makeup. My eyes swelled up like a bee stung both of my eyes. It wasn't a pretty sight. I guess I am allergic to eye primer. Awesome.
5.) You may find that you become obsessed with makeup because it's fun to make yourself pretty. When first trying to do your makeup a little different, there are so many different resources that you can find. My favorite is Shaaanxo - I adore her fun personality and LOVE her makeup and hair tutorials.

.
..
.


I jumped into getting Elf makeup and I will review it in another post, but, I really wish I would have took more time researching different products and how to apply my makeup before just jumping into it.

The things that you might need to do your makeup is:

Face:
*Primer This is super important because it will hold your makeup together. {It always makes my face look so much brighter/awake just by applying it}.
*Foundation {Okay, honestly, I thought foundation was just for covering up zits. You can laugh endlessly now. Get a foundation that matches your skin color.}
*Concealer
*Bronzer
*Blush
*Powder {it is supposed to keep your makeup in place as well}

Eyes:
*Eye primer {if you can find one that won't make your eyes bug out}
*Eyeliner
*Eyeshadow
*Mascara 

Lips:
*Lipstick/lipgloss {to complete the look, even if it's nude}

And make sure you have:
*Cotton balls to remove any smudges
*Makeup removers
*A way to organize your makeup.


Is there anything that you use that you would add to the list?

I will say though, I don't think Elf makeup is the way to go. It doesn't stay on long. Hopefully in a year or so, I can actually go to a makeup shop and get makeup tips and learn to actually learn what makeup lasts rather than wasting money on what doesn't.

And when I started to do your makeup, I feel so much better about myself. I decided that I needed to to get a trim to touch up some layers, so I  went to a beauty school because I was hoping for a trim that wouldn't be that difficult. I showed them this exact picture of what I was looking for in long layers:



She looks at the picture and says, "I can do that". I smile giving her complete trust because she graduates in three weeks, so she's not a completely newbie at cutting hair and must understand what I want. She turns you away from the mirror and suddenly turns me to the mirror asking, "Is this too short?"


I'm not sure what my face looked like with my reaction because the next thing I heard was, "...Well your split ends are all the way up here." 

I know it will grow back, but it's so new to me.
.
..
.

I don't really like it, I feel like I'm 13 again. Trav loves it though and keeps playing with it. I keep feeling my hair and wishing it was long again. I know people say it will grow back, but, it took me years to grow my hair out because my hair grows in ringlets. It was a sad day, but I am getting used to it. It is just hair, and if that's the only thing that happened that I wasn't too happy about, I would say that it was a pretty good day. Plus, I'm getting more used to it.

At least my mom's reaction was on cue, "I just know how long it took you to grow it out...{long pause}...it looks nice." However, when I came back up not too long ago {I know, these posts aren't in order}, but my mom was way more excited about my hair and really seemed to like it}.


And yes, I usually hate selfies, but I hate taken them tying to show my mom how I've been doing my hair and makeup {I think she may be proud. LOL.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)