Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Lesson from Grey's Anatomy

via
After turning on the news and watching it for a while, it always makes me sad.

One of the saddest things I've heard lately was about a man walking out of Krogers was attacked by a mob of teenagers. Just someone who was just walking out of the grocery store getting into his car, probably coming home after a long day of work and just wanting to get home to family. A Kroger's employee came out to help him, and got attacked as well. These teenagers were kicking him and grabbing pumpkins to slam on their head. Another Kroger's employee came out to help, and he too was attacked. You can read more about it here.


Another thing that happened with the attack was that there was a woman sitting in the parking lot, looking at her phone {not aware of what was going on} one of the teenagers grabbed her phone and she ran after them, unable to catch up with him. It was not for the phone itself, but for what was on the phone. Her father passed months prior to this incident, and her phone had his last photos and videos of him. {Anyone would have wanted to get that back}

While I heard about the assault on the news, my eyes swelled up with tears. I don't know how some people can think hurting someone would be "fun" or "amusement" or how it could possibly even cross someone's mind. These people could have they've been emotionally and physically hurt, but they could have been easily killed. Did they even think about that? What crossed these kids minds? I am just so, so, so sad to think about these kids and their victims. What could possibly posses someone to do such a thing? My heart aches.

Sometimes I wonder what this world is coming to and what direction we will be in 15 years from now, or past that, if it even makes it to be that far.


Even though I don't know what the future holds, sometimes I get scared just thinking about it. I know God is good, but there is a lot, a lot of evil in this world. 

Sometimes I wonder if I really want to raise a child in this world because I am scared of things that might happen to them, or what they may have to face. It's a dangerous world.

I turned on the t.v. the other night, and wasn't really paying attention, but I heard a sound of crying, so I had to see what it was about. And I heard something that I needed to hear.

I was scared that I wouldn't hear them again, so I looked it up online as soon as I heard it. 

{The following was found on Wikia}:

Catherine enters a supply closest, looking for a four-by-four. She asks April, who's crying in silence in the closet, where they keep them. When she notices April is crying, she asks what's wrong. She's crying over the shopping mall. Catherine says it wasn't terrorists, but April says it's the first thing they thought. They live in a world where that's the first thought that crosses their minds. She doesn't think she can raise a child in a world where they could die going to buy new shoes. 


Catherine tells her a story from 1960, when she was out in a restaurant with her father for waffles. Suddenly, an ignorant young man told them to leave and dumped her father's food in his lap, throwing coffee on him. She was scared and wanted to leave, but her father refused to leave but her father refused before she had finished her eggs {and she hated eggs and still does}. April asks what happened then. "They went on to somebody else. Her father wasn't afraid so they didn't have any power over him. April, there's always going to be stupid people. There's always going to be accidents. But that's not what defeats you. It's the fear," Catherine says. "This is the way the world changes: good people raising their children right."


Wow. Perfectly said.


I hope our children are true examples of what is good in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)