Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It's my BIRTTTHHDDDAAAYY!! All about turning 27.

Okay so really, it was a couple days ago. I'm getting older, I can't deny it. When you're younger, you actually never think you actually reach a certain age (like: "27 seems so far away!) And then.. here you are: 27.  

Even though most people dread getting older, I actually love it. I read 30 signs you're almost 30, which made laugh so hard, because some of them are so true about getting older:

*When you watch movies, you find yourself siding more with the parents than the kids. {Completely}
*You've gone to a bar and left because it was too loud. {Everything seems to be so much louder these days}
*You realize that your parents were your age (or younger!) when they had you, and you start cutting them some major slack. {I don't know how they did it - I'm still not ready for a baby just yet}
*You start buying shoes based on "comfort." {I used to wonder why people would have such ugly shoes - now I know why}
*You voluntarily buy the fiber cereal. {Just ate some. Ha.}
*You wonder, seriously, how you ever pulled an all-nighter. {So true because going to bed at 11 seems so late nowadays}.

My only wish this year was that I could get cupcakes.. chocolate ones. Haha.

BUT.. 

I wondered what I could get for free because let's face it. Who doesn't love free stuff? So I found a couple of sites that tell you that you can get free things for your birthday, and was amazed. There are so many things you can get for free for your birthday (check out the site here).

So my plan was to:

*Go to Panera's and get my favorite Cinnamon Crunch Bagel before work.
*Hit up Moe's for a free burrito for lunch.
*And then head to Maggie Moo's after work and get myself a free waffle cone.

I was eager to start the day. My day was off to a good start with my first text message from my loving husband:




It was going to be a good day. I got into my car with coupons in hand... but my car wouldn't start. Awesome.

I called my boss who sent Maurice over to look at my car. I am to have a boss who is so understanding and willing to know that I needed help. I am so glad to have people here I can rely on and trust since I don't have any family here.




Maurice looked at my car and determined it was the battery. He was able to jump start my car, and I was hoping that was the end of that because maybe I just left a door open by accident, or maybe I left the lights on? (Because let's be honest, we all know I have a horrible memory and that wouldn't be so much of a shock knowing that I did it). Needless to say that there was no Panera Bread on my special day :( I will be saving that coupon for later though. 

I did get a sweet surprise when my friend Rebecca and her son Cooper walked into the store. Little Cooper handed me these beautiful flowers:
Picture taken after I got home
It was one the most adorable thing EVER!!!!!

The flowers and cupcakes were a surprise from my sweet Travis because he couldn't be there, but he wanted to make sure I still got them. 


With little Cooper hand delivering them it just melted my heart and made it all that more special (and something I could never forget). I mean a 3 year old handing you flowers.. how precious! :)


Did I mention these cupcakes were CHOCOLATE (the only thing I wanted for my birthday!) Yum! As you can tell, I've fallen a little off from my eating healthy plan. LOL. And in case you are wondering, they were DELICIOUS! 




When lunch time was near, my heart set on that free burrito from Moe's. I got into my car and once it again it wouldn't start. Boo. 
:( Bummed, I cried (not literally) to my boss hoping that it wasn't something more serious (because I'm a natural worrier)and that I was hungry. She must have felt bad for my bad start of the day, so she let me borrow her car so I could drive down the street to get Moe's. Again, my boss is awesome.



As the day went on and my shift ended, two different bosses were willing to help me jump my car. Some days I wonder about getting another job, but I am so blessed here (even though I may complain about it sometimes). 

I finally took Big Red to Auto Zone after the latest jump start knowing it would be a pain to deal with on the weekend. Auto Zone helped me out away and gave me a 10% discount for my birthday (awesome) - I think it was just because he felt bad for me. It ended up costing almost a hundred dollars, but hey, it was installed and there was no wait. Score. Plus, they have helped me out a previous time with my car free of charge so I'm more than happy to go to them and recommend the one by my work. :)

Big Red is now happy with a new battery!
Afterwards, I celebrated getting my free ice cream with Maggie Moo's. It was much needed and SOOOO good (yummy birthday cake with oreos!)


 


I let the babies out and then headed over to my friend Amy's house for dinner. There I had a surprise waiting for me there too:



Amy and her family are just so thoughtful. They didn't have to do that. I just adore their family. They are just the sweetest!

I also got to end my night with my my fur babies all cuddled next to me. The next day Travis came home and took me out to Cheddar's (only my favorite restaurant!) and let me get anything I wanted, saying that we didn't even have to share. I wasn't about to argue, we were both hungry! Thanks mom Trisa for the gift card - we put it to good use!





I am just so unbelievably blessed. I have an incredible husband, great friends and family, awesome co-workers and such lovable fur babies. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more. I feel so LOVED.

And don't let me forget to tell you that I got completely spoiled by friends and family members by sweet messages, calls and cards.

Sweet Ashley saw this photo on an instagram of the dress that I really loved, but I couldn't afford:



 

She sent me a sweet birthday card (totally unexpected) with a sweet saying and money to buy the dress. Ashley has such a big heart and she is such a wonderful beautiful inside and out :) 

Side note story about the dress: I went online to find "the dress" and couldn't seem to find it. I freaked. I ran to the store and asked the girl at the counter and she pulled out the only one left in a medium. Perfect!! I happily got it as I told the girl at the counter, she smiled politely, "It is meant to be."  This is the one item of clothing I feel absolutely beautiful in. And, I love Trav's reaction when I wear it. {I will be showing a picture in a post to come} And yes, I wore it out for my birthday celebration (although I forgot to take a picture where you could see the actual dress).


Aunt Meggie is such a giving person, and although I am 27 years old, she still sends me gifts for my birthday and for Christmas. She is such a caring person and wants everyone to feel special. I hope I can do the same one day. 



And let me tell you, all this stuff smells amazing!
Thanks Aunt Meggie and Uncle Marty :)
Although there was a car ordeal, I had incredible people reaching out to me offering rides and making sure that I was okay. I feel so loved that I even crossed their minds. 

I can't believe how blessed I am to be surrounded by such wonderful people. :)


P.S. This was Felicia's and I's awesome birthday cake at work. We both love Pitbulls - so it completely suites us. It's pretty awesome!







4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!! I shall eat cake today in celebration for you lol. We have a Cheddar's here in central KY and I can't believe I've never eaten there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! :) Cheddar's is pretty awesome - you will have to try it! The food prices are excellent and you get a lot of food. I recommend the Buffalo Chicken Wrap (Travis got me hooked on it). However, I will say we have one in Indiana that we go to a few times when we're at home and the service is always bad and the food isn't as fresh (they have been that way for years now) - so I'm hoping if you try one that the service and food is GREAT. :)

      <3 Ash

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you were truly spoilt!!!! happy birthday my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wish! :) I was truly spoiled :) LOL. I don't mind it being spoiled once in a while! Haha.

      <3 Ash

      Delete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)