Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Things That Make Me Happy: My Routine

via
Not only is it good to have a healthy body, but also a healthy mind. It has only taken me 26 years to figure that out. 

To have a healthy mind, is to love my life. My life needs routine to feel balanced. If no routine or a balanced lifestyle = I become a unhappy person. Most people look up to me as their ray of sunshine {haha, okay that's a good laugh and a lie} but I try to stay positive and happy so that way, I in turn, can help make someone else feel better. 


I have tried to make myself a daily routine that I am happy with. And although I like to keep my routine, there are days that it gets completely thrown off, so some things don't happen. That's to be expected, right? 


And yes, I get to do these things because I don't have any kids yet. My routine will def. change when that time comes :)


Morning:

via
*Wake up three hours prior to having to go to work (2 1/2 if I feel like sleeping in a bit), kiss the hubby and the babies, and sniff Doterra Peppermint Oil* to feel more energized because I am still half asleep at this point. But most importantly, thank God for giving me another day.
*Workout. Either means by actually hitting up the gym or doing a video in my pjs (because otherwise, we know this won't be happening later on in the day). Lately, I've been getting my groove on with Zumba if I'm at home. Dancing will make any bad mood disappear and make you feel better for the rest of the day. I just found Heather Passons' Zumba* workout video and I am hooked. *Also for you that may be hooked as well, she just announced she will be coming out with more videos soon! I can't tell you how.excited.i.am!*
 

And I love that I can do this in the privacy of my own home because:
via

I am the most uncoordinated person on the planet.
But I have fun, it doesn't feel like a workout,
leaves me in a better mood, and I drink at least
one glass of water while doing it.

*Start some chores around the house, because let's face it: nobody has time for that once you get home (and who wants to after work anyways?) Feed the babies, clean out the litter box and I try to do something else so I don't have to do it later: take out trash, start dishes or laundry, vaccuum, etc. And I make the bed. I used to think there was no point to making the bed, but now I can't even imagine jumping into a bed that isn't made. An un-made bed makes me cringe (only when it's ours).
*Start my oil pulling routine. Don't know what oil pulling is? Read about it here: WTF is Oil Pulling and Why I'm Hooked and Whiten Teeth Naturally. Basically, I take coconut oil and swish it around my mouth for 20 minutes. 20 minutes??! I know, it sounds like forever, but it isn't that bad. Actually, I:
*Jump in the shower (yes, while swishing coconut oil in my mouth). I use Kirkland shampoo* and conditioner* from Costco. I really like to use these products because it makes my hair smell fantastic for the rest of the day. Also, if I use these products and close my eyes, I am taken back here:


Our outdoor shower in Kaui at the place we stayed 
for our honeymoon. At first I was too scared to get
in, but by the end, I made excuses to get in.
Not only because it was beautiful, but also
because I loved how my hair would feel using
the Kirkland products.

*Beautify myself by putting makeup on. I have found lately, that this is an important step of being an adult. I am still learning this process, and also learning how to do my hair. (I am not going to lie, usually, I just put my hair up or pull it back.. even though I get up super early, I still have no time to do my hair).
*Take my vitamin. And I give the animals their vitamins and a treat too (they aren't spoiled or anything... ha)
*Then I brush my teeth, floss (even though I should floss before I start the oil pulling), and do whatever else I need to do before heading to work.

Try to:
*Walk the dogs. Exploring nature is awesome. And it is great for the pups and your own health.
*Take more pictures of my life in general. When school started school, I thought I wouldn't have a lot to look forward to. That is not true. And since he has started school, I have found a lot of things that make me pretty happy and taking pictures is one of them :)

Night:
*Finish anything that might be on the do list. If not, move it for the next day.
*Take makeup off. Brush teeth again.
*Put Doterra Lavender Oil* on my temples, on Trav's feet (and lately I have been putting it on Gracie's feet to help her sleep as well). It makes sleeping (not all the time) so much more peaceful. And we have found that getting up in the morning, we feel so much more restful.
*Read a passage from the Bible.
*Pray and talk to God. Have a conversation with Him.
*Give the hubby and the babies a kiss goodnight. (Don't ever want to forget to do this because you never know what might happen the next day - or even if you will get another day).

*No one has paid or asked me to write reviews on these products. This is my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)