Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies w/ M&M's
Who doesn't love Peanut Butter cookies? This is what I have been making for weeks when I am craving something sweet. They are easy and fast to make. And 100% friend approved (I have made them for the last couple weeks when someone comes to visit and they all love them!)
Mother-in-law bought a huge bag of M&M's when she came into town. To make the cookies colorful, I added some of them to the Peanut Butter Cookies. They are perfect for an early Easter treat!
The recipe I use is from the Food Network found here.
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
salt for sprinkling (I add at least 1 tsp of salt in the batter)
1. Place racks in the upper and third level of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, salt. Lightly beat egg in another bowl, then add to mixture.
3. Place on cookie sheet. Flatten with crosshatch pattern using fork. Sprinkle some extra salt on top for tasting.
4. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Take cookie sheet out of oven. Place M&M's in the cookies.
6. Place the cookie sheet back in the oven on the other rack placement. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until golden around the edges. Transfer to cooling rack and let sit for a couple of minutes.
7. Enjoy all this deliciousness!
They are AMAZING! And who would have guessed that they are flourless? Friends and I can't even tell!