Friday, February 21, 2014

Memphis Zoo

While Trav's mom was in town, we decided to visit the Memphis zoo. I wasn't jumping up and down to go, but I'm not going to lie, this was the best zoo experience I've ever encountered!

I mean look at all these cute faces:



 





One of my favorite things was to watch this bear play with his foot, while his roommate looked bored out of his mind:

 

And watching him get out of the water, turned out to be so beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.



I was head-over-heels about the beautiful landscaping:



Fall colors is my favorite.

And these guys.. were such little entertainers. They are gibbons, and actually apes. They are interesting little characters, and when making their territory known, they usually sound like this (which they were doing and I was trying to upload the video, but for some reason it's not letting me). They are actually pretty little, but when they make their vocal sounds, their gular sac (inflatable throat sac) becomes large, it makes them look much larger. I'm sure you could hear them for miles. 



And of course, you have to fall in love with these apes as well:

  


It was a perfect day to be at the zoo. Trav would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)