Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Meal Ideas for Eating Healthy


Idea #1:
Breakfast
1 Cup of Special K Cereal
Soy/Skim Milk (I would say Almond Milk would be good too)
1 Serving of Fruit

Snack:
Protein Drink

Lunch:
Turkey Lunch Meat
Low Fat Cheese
Whole What/Grain Bread
Honey Mustard
Dill Pickle & Tomato
Baked Chips (13 chips)
Water

Snack:
Handful of Almonds
String Cheese

Dinner:
Grilled Chicken Breast
Green Beans
1/2 Cup of Wild Rice
Water

Snack:
1 cup of Yogurt
1 serving of Fruit

Idea #2:
Breakfast
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 serving of fruit
1 cup of orange juice

Snack:
Protein Bar

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken
Low Carb Tortilla
Salsa & Fresh Spinach
Baked Pita Chips (13 chips)
Water

Snack:
Protein Drink

Dinner:
Turkey Burger
Low Fat Cheese
Mustard/Tomato
Pickle/Lettuce
Veggie of Your Choice
Water

Snack:
1 rice cake
2 TBS of Peanut Butter

Idea #3:
Breakfast
1 slice of Whole Grain Toast
Turkey Bacon/Sausage
Egg Whites
1 Cup of Soy/Skim Milk (Almond Milk would probably be fine here too)

Snack
Handful of Almonds

Lunch:
Subway Salad or Wrap
Low Fat Cheese
Low Fat Dressing
Apple Slices
Water

Snack:
Sugar Free Jell-O
Sugar Free Whip Cream

Dinner:
Grilled/Baked Fish
Veggie of your choice
1/2 cup wild rice
Water

Snack:
Protein Bar/Drink

---------

Speaking to a nutritionist, she should I should stick with a 1200 calorie diet. Currently, I am a 1470 calorie diet, but if I stick with that number, I won't lose anything, but if I eat less than 1200, it will slow my metabolism.

Also, should be drinking 64 oz of water a day - she recommended that I have water with every meal and that I should be getting 30 mins of exercise a day. Snacks should only be 100 calories. She also wanted me to eat lots of protein but not many carbs.

Also, she broke down how much you burn:

Usually during breakfast, it is the most important meal, you should have some sort of protein, and you will burn about 90-100% of that meal during the day.
During Lunch, you burn about 50-75%
During Dinner you should burn only around 10%-20%, that is why it is important to watch what you eat for dinner.


I haven't really followed the idea suggestions, just thought I should share them because they don't seem all that bad. Instead, I've been eating yogurt in the morning, a banana for a snack, and fish for dinner or lunch. Also, I have been loving the TBS of Peanut Butter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)