Wednesday, January 15, 2014

An Improvement


Small things can make BIG differences.

I've been trying to change my routine and that is not easy.


Eating healthy is not the most fun thing I have ever encountered, BUT, I feel like I have a lot more energy. More energy means more time to do things around the house, to walk around the house, to make homemade cards, to volunteer.


It's CRAZY.


But next week, I have to face the truth, and join the gym. I'm not excited about it, but I am going to. Next week. LOL. We will see how far this goes.


In other news:


We have repainted our bedroom and bath! We literally suck at picking paint colors. We wanted a light blue, that has a grey tint and the sample seemed to be just that. Next thing you know, we painted the room, and it is blue! Not exactly what I imagined, but I'm not planning on repainting this.


I tried making homemade cards. I wasn't exactly in love with doing it, as it seemed like it took forever, BUT, they seemed to turn out cute. I hope that whoever receives them likes them, if not, if not, I'm not sure if I'll do them again.


I've been reading the Bible right now. I started reading from Genesis, and I can't wait to get to Numbers. Where I am now, it is just so confusing with Moses. I guess not everything in the Bible is understandable.


Asking for Prayers:


-Please pray for our friends daughter, Adria. She was born with Spina Bifida, where they are taking for treatments. She got sick and was put back in the hospital because she was having high fevers and vomiting due to a shunt infection. She needed surgery to externalize the shut. They now have a long term line that gives her antibiotics. The neurosurgeon believes that she may not even need the shunt for much longer.


-Also, please pray for my friend Kate's mom, who was first diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. The cancer seemed to be in remission with chemo treatments, but her mom couldn't walk an because of the chemo treatments that it may have caused her to be paralyzed from the waist down.  They told Kate's sister the other day, that they think her mom has only months to live, after her mom went back to the hospital. Also they are needing to get a second opinion, please pray for strength for Kate's family and her mom.





2 comments:

  1. Yay for being pack to blogging! I've always known that I feel better when I eat better, but eating bad is just so much more fun!

    Ill be thinking of your friends.

    By the way, this is Brittany from Adam and Brittany, I updated my domain, so didn't want to confuse you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany,

      Thanks for making me feel so much better! I know EXACTLY what you mean that eating bad is just so much fun. The other day I smelt spaghetti and I was like, "OMG, I NEED IT!" It's not like I will never eat it again, I just forgot what it smelt like. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. :) I will def. be back to reading your blog too because we all know how much I love your blog!

      <3 Ash

      Delete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)