Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Trying Not to Wake Him


It was four something in the morning. I tried to lay there with my eyes closed, but all I could do was toss and turn. My back seriously hurt and no matter what direction I laid, the discomfort wasn't going away.

The dogs knew that I was up. They started their stretching, and little Trig got in my face, as he does every single morning, excited to start the day. Surely, they would wake up Travis with all their commotion if I didn't wake him up with mine. I tiptoed into the bathroom to grab some pain medication and Trav's white robe (that I claim as mine) that was hanging from the door.


I peeked at Travis before I left the room. He looked so peaceful and I didn't want to ruin it. After all, he works so hard at trying to learn everything and be the best CRNA he can possibly be. He's doing all this to support us and our going to be growing family (one day). 


I left the room and took the puppies with me, and waited patiently for Trav to get up. Trav came out of the room a couple of hours later and found me in the living room. His face looked so serious. "I don't like waking up and you're not there." He hugged me so tight that I could feel the pressure being lifted off of him knowing that I was safe.


You guys, I didn't mean to scare him like that, but it was so adorable. I don't know what I would do without this guy in my life. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. All I can give this guy in return is my whole heart.





1 comment:

Thanks for being so lovely! :)