Thursday, September 5, 2013

Prayer Board

A couple weeks ago, a friend found me personally and asked me to pray for them. To be honest, I never had someone ask me for that besides seeing something on facebook for someone needing prayers, or over the phone, but honestly, no one asking me in person. It meant so much to me that they knew about my faith because in a post here, I wasn't really sure if people knew that I am religious or not.

Finding this project idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it. What a great idea.




The burlap is from Joann's Fabric Store and I just picked up some random 2 pages of scrapbook paper. The cardboard is something that was going to get thrown away at work where I just stapled two of them together. Then I stapled the fabric on the cardboard.




It doesn't have to be perfect because no one is going to see the back, just be careful with the corners, as you want that to look nice. 

Just cut out names/prayers, a title for your board with scrapbook paper and glue/pin it  on.  Woah-la-la. You are done and it makes a nice little addition without spending a fortune.



I placed it in our kitchen on a wall we walk by frequently. This makes it so much easier to be able to say a prayer for someone or to remember them during the day. Also, people who have came over also seem to admire it. I'm not sure if they silently say a prayer or not because I'm not really sure how people feel, but perhaps they say one too.


2 comments:

  1. Ash this is sooooo cute! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) It makes me happy - especially because it brightens our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)