Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Perfect Opportunity


You know that saying, "That would never happen to me" kind of thing?

Well... last week, there was a fire at my work place. 


Thankfully, it happened in the wee early morning, not harming anyone. However, we went back to "work" cleaning up after the fire so that construction can come. We are getting an early remodel, so when we do go back to work, everything will look so much different.


Although the fire was devastating to see how much a fire really effects a work place, it was awesome to see our co-workers pull through and come together. Also, district came in and is really taking care of us, which really surprised me. I thought since I would be out of work for about a month, I would have to find a new job. Instead, they are paying us our average weekly salary until we can get back into work. I couldn't be more grateful.


With that being said, I seriously had to look at myself. I can't just do nothing during the days because although some days I like to have a lazy day, it also makes me unhappy knowing that I didn't accomplish anything. So what am I going to do? What do I want to do before having to go back to work?


So I need to accomplish something that I've always wanted to try as I have the time.


That would be getting serious about my photography. I love taking pictures of others. I'm not incredible at it, and I have a lot to learn, however, I think people would be able to help me reach my goal. 


Maybe I can do it in steps, because isn't that always how it has to happen? A baby can't magically walk without learning to pull themselves up, hold someone's hand and take their first baby steps. 


So my goals would be to start my website/facebook page, make enough money so I take a photography class online, then if I can make more, pay enough for a real photo editor and then take a class.


I am hoping I can make this happen, because it's something I love to do. I don't know if I'll make it big, or even if I want to, I just want to do something that makes me happy and might make others happy too.


Also, with this perfect opportunity, I can focus on other important things to me, like having a relationship more with God, being a better wife and fur momma, getting healthier, and even focus a little time on myself.


So time to jump in! 


Check it out:


Lilley Pad Photography




1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I remember when you were just taking a photography class to learn more, and look at you now! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)