Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mamma's Day Scare


After church today, I looked at my phone and realized that I had a missed call. I listened to the voice mail from my daddy who stated to call him back as soon as I got this message. I knew something was wrong when I realized that he left the message at 7 this morning. I called back. My mom answered, who sounded completely exhausted.

She told me that this morning she was in a lot of pain and there was a lot of pressure on her chest. It was so extremely painful that she cried (my mom is always a pretty strong person). My dad rushed her into a clinic, which thankfully was not busy at the time so they were able to get her in right away. They gave her an EKG test.

It came back fine. Thank the Lord. The doctor stressed that it may not be 100% accurate and that she needs to go to the doctor to get some blood work taken to verify everything is alright. They just thought it was acid reflex.

My mom is such a beautiful person and I am so blessed to have her as my Momma. She is the most amazing woman I know. She is beautiful inside and out and I hope to follow her example as she is such a great mother. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother. It's a pretty scary thing to know that someone you love, has something that might be wrong. Please keep her in your prayers for her blood work results come in. Thank you.


3 comments:

  1. This is such a different post from all the Mother's Day post I've been reading today! I'm so glad that your mother seems to be fine now! What a scare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she is okay! Chest pain is very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I'll def keep ya'll in my prayers! How scary! Glad she was ok though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)