Friday, March 8, 2013

Homemade Dog Treats

I love to bake; especially Chocolate Chip Cookies (and yes, I will eat the whole batch in a day). I thought about my babies, and how they are always sniffing around when I'm making cookies, so I thought I should make them a treat of their own.
I didn't have any "dog" type of cutters, so I used the hearts instead, because our puppies are loved. 
The finished product


Waiting for their treats.
Yummy!

Tatum, "I want another"
I found this recipe on the internet for dog treats using Peanut Butter and Canned Pumpkin:

Ingredients:
*2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
*2 eggs
*1/2 cup canned pumpkin (I used one cup as recommended by others)
*2 Tbs peanut butter
*1/2 tsp salt
*1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Whisk together flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water to make dough workable (I didn't have to since I used a cup of pumpkin instead), but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2 inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
3.) Bake in oven until hard.35-40 minutes.

Let's just say that they loved them and I will def. be making them again :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)