Sunday, January 20, 2013

Valentine's Day Mantel

Something that makes me incredibly happy is decorating our home. The thing I love about our new home is that there is a fireplace! Which means... I had to head up the dollar tree ASAP. Valentine's Day is a little ways from now, but, I couldn't help my self. (I'm no HGTV, but I can dream, right?)

Thank you Pinterest for your inspiration! :)


I actually wanted a mirror to decorate our mantel with, and when I got one on clearance from Kirklands for $30, it fell off the mantel and shattered in a million little pieces. 7 years of bad luck? I sure hope not! We had that picture in our bedroom in the hous in Phoenix (even though I couldn't stand it), we brought it to the new house, and I'm so glad we did, because I really like it where it is now (and it fits in with the furniture we bought).



I wanted to make my own banner, but our printer was out of ink. And this one from the dollar tree was only a $1. 




I also got the candle holders from Kirklands (and yes, I applied there since I love it so much!) The frame was actually a wedding frame that was given to us. I added a printable saying from Pinterest (found here) and found $1 heart ribbon at Target. The little red hearts on the mantels, were also from the Dollar Tree.



I bought the clear container at Marshall's. (Also, something I will use each holiday and decorate it with something new). I bought two bags at the dollar tree of little plastic hearts to fill. The Lilley wedding sign was one of our most favorite wedding presents, from friends Kara and Ryan. The love birds are actually from a decoration that I bought on clearance after Valentine's Day a couple years back. It broke and I was devastated, but I really like that it stands alone now. 

I can't wait for the next holiday to decorate the mantel! :) I must say, for the first time decorating my own mantel, I really like it - and love the Dollar Tree/the dollar section at Target even more!

I linked up to:



1 comment:

  1. Ah! The sign looks so great! I didn't get to see a proof when I ordered it so I'm so glad you posted this pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)