Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Meet Jax

Travis' grandparents came into town for Trav's spring break. It was wonderful, and I felt like I was really able to bond with them. We had a great time - it was probably an instant hit when his grandmother brought with her frozen cookie dough and she told me "I like it raw!" LOL, about anyone else would completely be disgusted, but my favorite is the raw cookie dough! We loved being able to have family with us, only if it was for just a couple of days.

Monday after work, Travis and I went to have dinner with our friends Caroline and Tyler. They made us dinner and we brought over a movie. It's nice to have friends here, especially ones you can count on and be silly with.

But I was ready to have time alone with Trav since he doesn't have much of a life. So when I knew we were going to have Tuesday off, I was soooo excited!! I woke up early and was ready for some snuggling time. Instead? Trav insisted that we had to get the study room organized. Travis' grandparents brought over a desk, so we could actually sit things on and make the study feel more like.. well... a study. I was no way thrilled about spending time with Trav actually doing work.

I think Trav felt bad when he asked me what I wanted to do after we organized everything. "I want a fish and I want to go look at kitties."

Yes, I am such a child. Everyone knows that. And a trip to any local pet store, could end up being at least an hour trip because I have to look at every single creature - big or small. And sometimes, I even give them names. Usually this is something either loves or hates doing with me, but it's free entertainment, so he should be more excited to take me there. LOL.

My heart has been broken since we lost our little Archie. We weren't really considered to be cat people until we found Arch. He was the most lovable - dog cat ever. He waited for me at the door, knew how to cuddle me, loved to play with the dogs (maybe it was more "beating up" our dogs, and just followed me everywhere). He was my baby. So when he left us too early, I knew my heart would take a lot of time to mend.

We walked into a cat rescue, and the first cat we ran into was a black and white cat named "Kat Rock" who instantly started trying to play with us and rub up on him. Trav told me, "I like him". I liked him too, BUT, I didn't want to make a rush decision. I didn't want to end up with a cat just "because". This will be our family member for the rest of our/their lives. So when the girl asked me what I was looking for, I described all the characteristics of Kat Rock and told them I was looking for a "Gray Tabby or Orange Tabby". I didn't want to miss out if there was a cat out there that was "just for me".









I took a tour around the building trying to play with all the cats while having a sneezing, runny nose. I am allergic to cats, but I just forget how bad when there are multiples of them. I just didn't feel a connection with any of them, because I really wanted a Tabby, just like Archie.

But let me tell you, when we got out of exploring, there was little Kat Rock ready to play again.  I payed a little more attention to his actions, and he told me how much we were meant to be by purring every second. This little black and white cat, stole my heart. Especially after realizing that he walks with a limp (and always will, even after surgery), and got his tail amputated. We needed each other.

So Travis and I signed the paperwork, our family grew by one. Little Jax, as we named him, is now part of the family and we have enjoyed every minute of it. :)

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not becoming an animal hoarder. In 5 years, if all goes as planned, Trav and I will be growing our family with human babies (perhaps even adopted babies).
P.S.S. We did not end up getting a fish. LOL.


1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! I am a self proclaimed crazy cat lady...so the fur babies always attract me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)