Thursday, December 20, 2012

Goodbye Arizona

Let's just say moving and planning a wedding does not mix. How we managed, remains the question. As you guys might remember, we found Trig maybe a month before we left. We were hoping his former owners would take him, but when we finally got a hold of them, they told us "Just shoot him." (They named him Trigger too. We would have liked to change his name, but Trigger knows his name and we like to call him Trig for short.) Then later asked us if we wanted him and of course we said yes. We were hoping to find Trig a new home, but didn't want to leave him, so we took him with us and he is now part of the family. Anyways, with that being said, we weren't planning on moving with two dogs. So you have to throw them in the mix too.



Our house empty (above). We were so excited though and we hope to be just as excited when we move once again.


A week before the honeymoon, Trav and our friend Noah, packed up the Uhaul while I was at work. I didn't tell people at work that I was leaving. Shame on me, as I should have, but to be honest, I thought when I gave them a two week notice, that would be proper. Our friends Matt and Dana, told us that once we got back from our honeymoon, we could stay with them since our house was sold. Trav and Matt came up with the idea, that before the wedding, they would take the Uhaul and drop off the stuff in TN, and then would meet us in Indiana. That way, I could fly instead of drive for the 40 hours. 





Poor Tatum and Trig didn't have that much room. I guess we didn't think we would have that much stuff. And it wasn't even furniture.





When we came back from the honeymoon, Travis and I stayed with Matt and Dana for the additional two weeks that we worked. That way we only had the car left. Matt and Travis then decided to go half way to KS to hunt for 3 days. Then I flew half way and met Trav afterwards so we could go to TN to look for a house. We are now staying in Indiana until we close on our house in TN. But what an adventure. We can't wait for the next one. :) Hopefully it won't be as crazy! LOL.

Thank you Matt and Dana for letting us stay with you guys. We're so glad that we have you as friends. Dana, I'm so glad that I got to know you better as well, too bad that weren't better friends before we left, because we would have def. hung out a lot more. I guess that's what happens: you make really good friends right before you move. Hope to see you soon! We miss you!

Thank you Arizona for all the good memories. We loved your beautiful weather. We will come back to visit, especially during Spring Training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being so lovely! :)