Saturday, December 15, 2012

12.14.2012

Travis and I walked into his grandparents house expecting another normal visit of love and laughter. As we walked inside the tv caught my eye as his grandparents were watching closely. "What happened?" I asked as I put my coat to the side. "There was a shooting today... at an elementary school." His grandma answered. Hearing about the tradegy I gasped and tears came to my eyes. Wasn't there just a shooting the other day at the mall? What is this world coming to? People going around and killing innocent victims because they are unhappy with their own life. No ones life should be taken like that. It feels like there is no place you go and do your  "normal" life things - mall, movie theatre, school, work, etc.

What a sad, tragic day that will remain in our hearts forever. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Connecticut area. Can't even imagine what they are going through. I cant even fathom. I thought about the school and the school districts that I have worked for. What would I do? I would sometimes let some of the vistors into school after they buzzed the door. Adam forced his way into the school, what would you so in that situation? 


Although they are still piecing the facts together, some things don't seem to add up.

My heart breaks for the victims families, the children, the parents, teachers, etc in the area - praying for you.


This is a day that will never be forgotten.



2 comments:

  1. I just cannot even imagine the thought processes, feelings. It's all so tragic and beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings tears to my eyes again:( I don't know what I would do if I lost either of my babies:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)