Friday, July 27, 2012

Me vs. Me

I want to be the type of person who (in no particular order):

*A wonderful wife, mother (even fur ball momma!), best friend, daughter

*A woman of faith
*A beautiful person inside and out
*An awesome cook
*A person who enjoys cleaning and organizing
*A person who is always willing to help others
*A person who is fun to be around and always looking for a new adventure
*A stylish woman - who is always presentable
*A DIYer
*A photographer
*A person who makes the best out of what they are given
*An awesome listener
*A fantastic host
*Someone you always know you can turn to
*A fast willing learner
*A person who is confident and does the best for her, her family, and her body
*A great blogger (I feel like it's one of the best ways to keep track of events in your life)

Who I actually am:

*Lazy - I don't work out, I don't like to clean, and the only reason I'll make food is if it's a yummy dessert (usually from a box)
*Non-stylish - I wear the same clothes over and over again and I haven't worn make-up in ages (awful doesn't even describe it)
*Not a person who makes the best of everything - I resent not having a "perfect life", a job that I enjoy, and I def. can't say that I'm creative
*A horrible time manager - Lately, when I get home, all I do lately is pop on the couch and stay there for the rest of the night
*A very slow learner - I don't know if it's because I'm not passionate what I need to learn about and whatnot
*I haven't gone to church since we found out that Trav got into school (this is what God wanted, and I haven't spoke to him, prayed to him, or learned about him in a long time)
*Not an adventure seeker - I'm not wanting to go climb a mountain just because and always seem to find some sort of excuse on reasons not to go & currently it's because it's summer
*Non-thankful lately, I haven't told the people that mean the most to me thanks in a really long time

*I can feel really little next to some people

Wow.. that was a negative Nancy, huh? Well... but I do have some good qualities about myself:


*I love to help others

*My passion falls with the lines of children and animals
*I'm a good friend to have
*I like to see others be successful
*I'm easy going and easy to get along with
*I'm realistic and don't need to have everything fancy
*I'm an easy person to please
*I can think the world of someone
*I believe that that the prettier you are in the inside, the prettier you will be on the outside
*I love being able to hang out with the people I love

So I realized that some things that need to change. I know there are lots of things about myself that I'm not happy with, but I can't bring all of that into a new marriage, a new start on life in a new area, and etc. On top of that, I can't be a person that I'm not happy with.


So my goals starting now (through the rest of my life) will be:

*Be a person you can always feel like you can talk to - and a person who makes you feel like you're the most important person in the world.
*Be more social and adventures. Try more things and meet new people.
*Be kind to the world around me. Help in any way possible.
*Be a woman who relies heavily on her faith and the type of person that will pray with you.
*Enjoy life to the fulliest.
*Be thankful
*Be that wife that others want to be, mother, daughter, and etc.

But I think what really needs to happen, is that I need to go back to church. It's effecting me more than what I could ever think would be possible. So on Sunday, you'll know where to find me in the morning, praying hard to God so that I become the person he wants me to be, and the person that I want to be.


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean in ALL of this!! I started going back to church a few weeks ago. This past weekend had me in tears:/ I pray that I can find my way! I miss you SO MUCH!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our ideal selves are always far from what we want to be, but it gives us something to strive for! But your good qualities are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)