Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Animal Abuse

I found this article through Valley Dog's website. A little piece of me died that very moment (just like it does whenever you see one of those commericals about animal abuse). I can't believe people would ever do this. I can't even imagine what those dogs went through or any other animal that has been abused.

And, I look at poor Tobs. This pup is the happiest dog alive. He LOVES being around you and gets so excited when he knows you're up. When you're sleeping, he has to be right next to you. We call him our "little love machine" (yes, he loves the nickname to him too!). Who couldn't fall in love with his cute face?

But on the same token, he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scared of people that he doesn't know. He hides between our legs and backs away. He has mysterious marks all over his body. We are 99% sure that he was abused from how he interacts with people - especially with men with hats on.

Friends came over for the Superbowl, and it was so sad to watch him as he started cowarding. He had to watch Tatum's reaction to see what would happen to him. He started opening up a little more after ten or more minutes. Poor little pup is so traumatized from his past. It makes me so sad to know that someone could beat him. He can't enjoy his life fully when he sees a person and wants to run for cover.

Nobody really wants to give him a chance when it comes to adopting him because he doesn't come running to them. He takes a while, and people aren't patient enough.

But we love our little Tobs. We don't know what exactly happened in his past, but he shows us every day how thankful he is to be with us. To love an abused dog means you will get ever lasting love. He is more than welcome to stay in our house however long he needs until we can find a patient, understanding forever home that's full of love for him.

3 comments:

  1. That is exactly how Schultz is. He is terrified of anybody but me and my husband. He cowers and growls at strangers. I feel so bad when we are walking and someone tries to pet him and he hides. But with just the 2 of us he is the most loving dog I have ever had. And he warms up to a few of our female family members and friends eventually. He is especially scared of tall men though, so my brother has a difficult time coming to our home. It's heartbreaking to know someone hurt my sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me feel sick when this sort of stuff happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I LOVE your love for animals.

    Poor little puppy. So amazing that you are getting him used to actually being loved!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)