Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Good Read: The Help


I have been reading this book since June (literally - I started it right before we got engaged) and I haven't been able to finish it due to all the exciting happenings and other events that have taken place in between, but the other day while on my way I was able to finish it! Awesomeness! :)

It was a fantastic book that truly makes you open your eyes (about putting yourself in someone elses shoes, how you treat people, and etc). This book has many different characters (Minny's my favorite) that have all fun different personalities that you will fall in love with! :)


I love how it actual history in it (such as the President being shot), and whatnot - so not only it is an awesome book, but also gives you an idea of what was going on with the time period during that time and it makes you understand the book a lot more.


Overall, I gave the book a 4/5 stars only because it was a book where I could put down. I want the book where I am unable to put it down. However, I liked the book so much that I was able to give it to Brit as a Christmas present for a must-read! I would also to see the movie. Have you seen it yet?


Let me know what your thoughts are on The Help and if you have any suggestions on what to read next.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the book yet but I saw the movie and really loved it. If you are looking for something to read, my favorite book in the entire world is Water for Elephants. its SO great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)