Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Much Needed Gift to Myself

As I sit here writing this post, sipping on some peppermint hot chocolate, I'm excited to tell you about my newest and greatest present (that I got for myself).



A very much needed wedding planning book. I've already had those feels-like-real-life wedding dreams where (get this) we had nothing ready (a pastor, our cake, a photographer... etc). Those dreams gave me the chills where I would wake up with the sweats. But with having this to organize my thoughts and have checklists of things that needed to be done makes me feel so much more organized about this whole process.

Trav and I are pretty excited about our wedding. The other day I came home and found that Trav has already started a play list for our wedding. (How cute, right?) Even though I was a little skeptical, I must say, he did an excellent job. We love listening to the songs and deciding if we should play them during what time. We're wondering if we should have a DJ or not. But whichever we decide to do, we have a mix of different songs to get the party started.

My first task that I want to do is ask the girls to be my bridesmaids. I'm pretty sure they already know that they are going to be in the wedding, but I want them to feel special. So I'm pondering what to do, but I think I have somewhat of an idea... :)

P.S. I love my new $1 nail polish that I picked up a Phoenix flea market. Although it costed a $1.50 per person to get in, I think we did alright. I really wanted to find red boots to wear underneath my dress, but most cowboy boots were men's with no red in sight. :( But cool finds: a magazine rack, fresh pineapple (incredible), and some awesome different color nail polish of course.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Aww you're wearing cowboy boots under your dress?? That is awesome!! I have to say, I am SO excited that I have TWO weddings that I get to go to and see BOTH you AND joc at!! Next year is gonna be awesome!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) This post makes me SOOOO excited for you and your wedding planning! So cute Trav made a song list. Which makes me realize you're second song on your blog, You & Me, was what I had my sister-in-law sing at our renewal. Only we had her change part of the lyrics to "everything you do is beautiful, everything you do is right".

    2) Check out this awesome site for cowboy boots. Didn't see much red but they have the prettiest cowboy boots I've ever seen: http://www.langstons.com/ariat-western-cowboy-boots-women.html#paging

    3) I pinned an AWESOME barn picture on my inspire board on pinterest tonight and thought of you. Don't know if your barn will have a window like that, but if it does that picture would be breath taking.
    xo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)