Thursday, October 20, 2011

Love Letter

Around six months of dating
I found this note from Travis that he wrote to me back when we started dating.

From the moment Kate told me about you, I was so interested. I just had to see this "hot chick" that would be great for me if I was not moving. When I started stalking you on Lisa's Facebook, the first thing that I noticed was that amazing butt. After I got over that, I saw one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen. And I should have been able to tell from your smile that you were going to be one of the happiest and most fun people that I was ever going to meet. The first night that we were going to meet, I felt like you were going to be different than anyone before. For some reason, I felt the need to hem my new pants (you know that I am a jeans kind of guy). I also wanted to impress you so bad, which is why I picked Trio's. I had never been there, but I heard that it was a really fun place. The moment I saw Kate walk in, I was so nervous. I can remember standing up to flag down Kate. Then I kind of blacked out and the next thing that I remember was that she introduced us and I remember thinking about your beautiful smile again. The next 30-45 minutes were kind of awkward. It was Kate having a conversation with me, then you, then me. I think we said about 20 words to each other during the dinner. (I guess this is kind of normal, because Kate talks all the time anyway) I was so excited when we got to go into the club part where the band was playing. It was the first time that I could really sit next to you and talk to you. I must have been doing ok, because when Kate did the whole set-up where she was going to leave, you stayed with me. I was so nervous that you were going to leave with her. I had tried to talk to you, but it was so loud because we were so close that I did not think that you were having that good of a time. When we went to Bar Louie, I was so excited because I really thought that you were having a good time because we got to go a second place. Bar Louie was way too loud, so we went to PV for the first time. This was one of my favorite times with you. It was the first time that I really got to have a quality talk with you. When you were telling me about your love past, it reminded me a lot of mine. We both were in some shitty relationships! When we were sitting there, I could not think of a more beautiful place for our first kiss. We were snuggled up on that bench, under a blanket and stars. Picture perfect. We both know where that one went. But that showed me something about you that I will never forget. It showed me that you have self respect and morals that you will not back down from. It also showed me how strong you can be. Babe, you have some of the best characteristics that a man could ever want in a woman. You showed me many of these in the first night. You had a nice ass, a beautiful smile, you were outgoing, fun, had morals and stuck with them all in one night.


The next few weeks were a blur except not getting my first kiss for a long time. I remember that. One thing that I do remember is talking to Amber about you. She was comparing you to one of my ex's. Amber was telling me how much she liked you. This is important, because she is like the little angel on my right shoulder telling me what God would think about my decisions. The past 6 months you have shown me so many things that I love about you. Besides the things that I have already told you, you are so loving towards me. This is so important to me. So many times I devalue myself. I love when you tell me something about me that makes me feel good about myself, and you always seem to do it right at the perfect time. I also love how you are always willing to try something new or go outside the box a little bit. When I moved, you were automatically willing to keep your mind open to move here. When we first started hanging out, you would not touch my feet (now you give amazing foot rubs). Babe, my favorite thing about you is your forgivingness and your resilience. When I mess up, you forgive me and you keep it in your mind, but you don’t bring it up and try to hurt me with it. If our relationship takes it the next step, this will be one reason. I know that you will love me and be able to forgive my mistakes, and I hope that I can learn to be half as good as you are at this. When I think back the past 6 months there are some bad memories that we had that will never happen again. Other than that, being with you has been the happiest that I could ever be. I could not ask for anyone better than you. We never fight, we always have fun together, we have a very open relationship where we can tell each other anything we want, and we have fun with each others families. I know that I have told you many times that I do not want to get married until I am about 26, but the more I think about it and the more and more I learn about you, the more and more I love you and the more that I want to grow old with you.


Moving to Phoenix has shown me some things about myself and about you. First, even before I moved, no one has done anything for me as big as you did. My party was so special to me. I hate being the center of attention, but it meant so much for me to see how hard you worked on that whole day. Once I got here, I started missing you right away. It was so hard to be away from you as long as we were for those 2 months. Now that I am thinking about it, it feels like it’s going to be forever until I get to see you again. I hate wishing my life away, but I just want you to graduate now and come here with me and experience everything here with me. When I make plans to do things here, I cannot help but to think about you and how much more fun everything would be if I could do it with you. Because you are not here, many times it just does not seem worth it to do anything. That is the main reason that I have not really explored anywhere here. The one morning that I went on a run up a mountain, it was so beautiful, but all I could do was wish that I could share it with you. (By the way, it is 4 in the morning and we just got off the phone. You just asked me what I learned since I have been here. I told you that “there are more important things than money”. The things that I miss that are back home are the people. I miss you so much, my family so much and my friends. I have learned that money is good to have. Without money you don’t get to get to do the things that you want, but the thing that really matter in life is love and the people that you love.) You have also shown me how determined you are to get to move here with me. Every day I hear that you are getting off of work and are on your way to class. You bust your ass for me. That is so sexy! Babe these past 6 months I have learned more about life than I ever have before. Some of this was on my own, but so much of it was because of you! You are all that I could ever ask for and more than I deserve. You tell me all the time that you are the lucky one, but I am positive that it is the other way around.


Love always,

Travis

2 comments:

Thanks for being so lovely! :)