Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wedding Planning Mayham

Getting married is supposed to be the best day of your life (besides your kids being born and etc).


But I am already stressed out. Which means: I'm stressing Travis out.


I know that you can't please everyone, but I'm getting worried about our date. People are already saying things that makes me pretty upset (which is the nice way to put it).


"It's going to be cold" "Are you going to have heaters?" "What kind of food are you having?" "What - no Polish food?" "Why don't you have it (place)?" "Are you sure you don't want to have it (place)? It’s really nice there." "They say it's going to be awfully cold during that time of the year." "Some people may not show up to the game since it's a home game - they may go to that instead" "Since Notre Dame is playing the cost of hotels are going to sky rocket and they may not be able to get a room." "The traffic will be really bad that day."


Um, I get it. But you know what, this isn't your wedding. I shouldn't have to explain to people why we chose our date, or our location, or what food we will have nor should we have to change our date because there will be a homegame that day. If you don't like it: tough - no one is forcing you to go. I'm open for suggestions but not for complaints. 


Plus, no matter what time of the year we have it or even with the location, who knows. I mean there are haboobs in Arizona, cold weather/extremely humid weather in Indiana, and hurricanes in New York (okay - so that one is just out there).


This is supposed to be a very special time in our lives and all these comments are not helping the beginning of this process. Plus, if I'm getting all worked up about this, what won't I be able to handle when the actual planning starts happening?


On a brighter note, I wanted to give Shardi, from The Blushing Bride, a huge shout-out for all of her helpful ideas on what tod do for our centerpieces. I've been racking my brain and checking online endlessly to find some cute ideas that doesn't require candles or glass (since our venue doesn't allow them). Thank you Shardi so very much for making this part of the wedding planning less stressful! J I love all the unique ideas and am pretty stoked that not being able to have candles or glass isn't going to limit me to cute ideas. 


Thanks for all listening to me rant. I'm all done and got that out of my system.




3 comments:

  1. Honey-you are right!! This is YOUR and TRAVIS' day! Not anyone elses! You do what you guys want to. If people don't like it-they can just NOT come! Period!!! I love you!! CALL ME :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord, people ALWAYS have opinions about weddings. So so so so many opinions. None of them matter! Whatever you come up with will be absolutely beautiful...and whether it's cold, hot, sunny, rainy, whatever...Ryan and I will be there and we will STILL boogie :)

    I found out that our wedding is the same day as the ASU/UofA football game and you know what my first thought was? "Maybe some people will decide to go to the game instead...fewer mouths to feed!!" :)

    It'll be a blast, babe. Don't stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man it must SUCK having people say that. But you are right. It's your wedding, your date, your plans! And if my friends went to a game instead of my wedding well I'd cut them right off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)