Friday, July 29, 2011

Where, or where could our wedding be?

There is not any wedding planning going on at the moment because we're still waiting to hear back from a school that Trav has applied to. So far I'm just dreaming about it and I like all the pretty stuff to look at. As far as the actual planning, it seems like it is going to stressful.

We did decide on what kind of wedding we want to have: a country outdoor wedding. Since then, I've been looking at places on where we could get hitched. Where are you getting married you might ask? No clue yet because we don't know which state we want to have it in yet!


There are just so many possibilities.


Wisconsin


This was our first thought. We could get married where Trav proposed. :) We could do it the week that his mom's family booked their cabins, and just rent out more cabins for more family and friends. We wouldn't have a reception hall that we would need to rent out, and there is lots of things the guests could do that involves water: fishing, boating, paddleboating, and kayaking.


This place is beautiful, but the only thing we have to worry about with any of the midwestern states: what will the weather be like? Plus, the drive for people to come out to Wisconsin would be long (eight and a half hours), so it would be a smaller wedding. I don't think the prices would be too bad if everyone could bunk at some cabins the night of the wedding.


Arizona:

If we have it here, the wedding will be small since family and friends would have to fly in. I would feel bad to make everyone pay for their plane tickets, hotel room, a car rental and whatnot, BUT... Arizona is beautiful. You always almost know what kind of weather you're going to get. There is palm trees, mountains, and GORGEOUS sunsets. For people coming, it would be more like a vacation getaway.

We also have our Pastor here that we love, we made friends with someone who can do our pigroast and he could get a discount on a wedding venue, a friend who knows someone who is a photographer and someone who can do our invitations. So we're pretty much set.


Some spots I have found (but not personally seen) and like are:


Inside the Bungalow

Chapel at the Farm
Regency Garden
Corona Ranch
Pioneer Living History Village
Bella Giardino
The Farm at South Mountain
Shenandoah Mill
Juniper Well Ranch

and my favorite place out of all of them:

***The Windmill Winery***

Oh my goodness, this place is beautiful!!!!! I almost fell out of my seat looking at the breathtaking photos of brides and was thinking that this was the place we were going to get married. Even if it is Florence, AZ.. wherever that is! I already called and got an estimate and the place for just the location alone is about all of our budget for the wedding! (We're planning on having it cheap - even though we haven't really even discussed what exactly our budget will be yet.)


Michigan

The Blue Dress Barn 

This is the place where I could get my happy ever after and the ultimate place I could see us getting married. That was, until well....


Trav, "I don't want to get married there"

Me, "WHATT????!! Why not??! It's beautiful there!"
Trav, "It's too far for people to drive home once they've been drinking"
...Later after my heart was slowly breaking...
Trav (still), "We're just not getting married in MI"

Any takers on why not in MI for his lame excuse???!!


Trav, "We're not starting off on the wrong foot by getting married in MI"

Still don't know why? Well let me tell you:

Michigan and Ohio State are bitter rivals... So because of his hate for the state of Michigan, we can't get married there because he doesn't want to put our money in the state of Michigan.


I think he wants to be like coach Woody Hayes (Ohio State) who said, ""No, goddammit! We do NOT pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you exactly why we don't. It's because I don't buy one goddam drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this goddam car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!"


Really Travis, really???


So moving on...


Indiana

Well, there are not that many unique places to get married there. Everyone that has been to a wedding in town has probably already seen all the wedding venues that our town can offer.

BUT... then my aunt brought up about where she got married, because I sort of forgot about it (it was a while ago that they got married). So I called, and the prices were FANTASTIC!!!! The place is old and rustic - just what I am looking for!


But I am still not completely sold because we would have to a limit of people that could come...


So then Trav's dad brought up about:


Ohio


Where an old family friend would probably let us have the wedding (on about 5 acres of land) in the middle of the boonies. How country is that???!! However.. it is 4 hours away from family and friends to travel which is a bummer and the closest hotel is probably another 20 minutes away. However, Trav brought up the idea of:


BYOT.

What is that you might ask?
"Bring Your Own Tent"

It can't possibly get any more redneckish than that. I LOVEEEEEEEE it!! Plus, Trav's dad knows someone who could do the Pig roast for us...


So I'm thinking we're going to have the most fun here, even if I haven't even seen the place yet. Who wouldn't want to have all their guests camp out at their wedding??! The party wouldn't stop at midnight that is for sure!

2 comments:

  1. OK now that was just WRONG!! Travis-you're ridiculous. HAHA! GO BLUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and if had to camp out, I would have to invest in a blow up bed LOL! Me and the ground and BUGS just don't mix:-P LOVE YOU!

    P.S. I HATE BLOGGER! It won't let me comment AGAIN! Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I found you through 20SB. Nice to "meet" you!

    I am having a hard time trying to find a place to get married too! I'm having live music from my HS band director because my fiance and I met in band. But I'm having a church wedding and my denomination doesn't allow music in the church. So I'm probably going to have to give in to an outside ceremony! I don't think I'm brave enough for that...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)