Saturday, April 23, 2011

My bestie got hitched!


Jocelyn and I would always spend countless hours, days, weeks, years wondering if we would ever find "the one". Jocelyn has indeed found the lucky man that she wants to spend the rest of her life with after just dating him (Joel) since January 1, 2011. 


This week, Jocelyn called me in the middle of the week to tell me, "I'm getting married sooner than expected". Which of course, is fine. I was thinking sometime this summer, instead of the summer of 2012 (which was their orginal plan). I mean, this girl is crazy in love, but I was not expecting to hear what came next, "like this Friday." Um, wwwhhhhaaatttt????


Silently my mind started dazing off into another world and all I could keep thinking was, "I just started a new job. I can't possibly take off this weekend". I want and needed to be there. I mean this girl is my best friend, we have been there for each other through thick and thin since freshman year of biology and homeroom class. I consider this girl part of my family and I didn't want to miss one of the most important days of her life. After all, we know each others families, each others deepest (darkest) secrets, many laughs, even tears together.


My mind was settled after she stated reading my mind and said something like, "Don't worry, we just talked to my parents about it last night. We are still going to have a big wedding later. We just want to be married and not just boyfriend and girlfriend when we live together. We love each other and we both want to this." What could I say? When you know - you just know. There is no time limit put on love, or when you should get married. After all, they just want to live happily ever after and if it's sooner than what others imagined, so be it.


So on April 22, they were wed by Joel's father. I'm sure the ceremony was beautiful and I'm so sorry that I missed it BUT I will def. make it for the big wedding (and I hope it's more than a 2-3 day notice). Once there are more pictures, I will post them. She is one beautiful bride. Treat her good Joel, she's the best!


Congrats Joel and Jocelyn. I'm so happy for you both! xoxoxo.







1 comment:

Thanks for being so lovely! :)