Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Greatest Love of All

*This is a religious post*
I’m so sorry that I haven’t been a good blogger, but since getting home a lot has been going on. I know I’m on this “love” kick for Valentine’s Day, and even though I haven’t been successful at writing for seven days straight I wanted to tell you about the greatest love I have ever encountered.
God’s.
I am not a hugely religious person. Somehow lately I have become quite selfish with everything surrounding me: depressed because I don’t have a job, that my friends/family aren’t here, wondering if I made the right choice to move to Arizona, and with my wants and needs. Usually I feel like I'm a pretty positive, up-beat person, but when I think about myself lately, I feel like I've lost that little spark in me. And why?
Today I went to church for the first time in a really long time. The pastor just preached about how much God loves you. Yes you. The one who hasn't spoken to him in a while, or the one who has lost a little faith through the years. You are his child and he will always love you.

I want to be the best person I can be. That’s why this week I have promised myself to do things that would make me better. So this week I will be sitting down with a couple different companys to tell them that I want to volunteer my time until I can find a full time job.

I also have decided to join a life group with the church that I just started going to. That way I can make more of a connection with the people that know and want to share God’s love.
There has been something that has been missing from my life and after going to church today, I realized that I was drifting away from God. This has never been my intentions but since I have become selfish my thoughts have not been focused on God.
But do you know how much God loves you?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

2 comments:

  1. aww ashley! i am SO sorry! I feel HORRIBLE that I wasnt able to get together with you while you were in town:-( One of my other friends, Kimm, came into town right before SB got that 38" of snow and I wasnt able to see her either. I feel like a bad friend:-( I hope you can forgive me!! I love you! I'm glad you're getting back to church. I really need to for sure! Keep that beautiful head of yours up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post my friend :) I struggle with God's love myself, it's always good to be reminded :) Happy Valentine's day Ash and Trav!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)