Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Weekend

Hi all you beautiful, wonderful, extraordinary, lovely people out there! I have missed ya’ll. I feel like I have been so absent because I have been extremely busy lately, so I’ll have to play catch up and I can't wait to read all of your blogs and see all of your pictures (I LOVE pictures, I mean you are talking to a picture fanatic here!)

First thing I wanted to say was Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe its 2011 already? Oh my goodness, we’re going to have to get used to writing this and saying it! What did you do for New Years week?  Hopefully everyone had a safe, great, unforgettable, ball-dropping weekend!

Trav and I were excited to host our first ever party, which just happened to be New Years. It was a lot of fun.


At midnight, group pictures thanks to Loren

We were all worn out by the end of the night. LOL. And I will be adding games that we need to have in our house at all times including: Apples to Apples, Uno, Jenga (we thought we brought these games with us but after looking for them, we did not) and Twister. Why we don't have these in our house yet, is questionable. 

The only disappointment that I had was that it was FREEZING outside! Like could barley-breath-outside-kind-of-freezing in Arizona. Some of us were planning on taking a dip in the pool at midnight to bring in the new year, but we chickened out knowing that the pool was a probably -20 degrees.

On Saturday, thanks to our friends, Krystal and Drew, we scored free (yes, FREE) tickets to the Fiesta Bowl.




I could have not of asked for a better way to bring in the year (except I wish some of our friends and family from Indiana were there)! I was able to kiss the love of my life at midnight, spend time with good friends, and later that day go to a football game with amazing seats. 

Next weekend our neighbors invited us out to go to the Suns game with them and our other friends and us are planning to go to a shooting range (um, if it's not FREEZING outside).

It is only to fair to say that this is the best start of a new years I ever had and I have a feeling it will be one of the best years of my life. :)


Is this the best New Years start for you?


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so many awesome photos! Apples to Apples is AMAZING! :) You and Trav are so stinkin cute :) I absolutely love the feeling that this year is going to be the best year yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that your new years was fun! Mine was okay, haha. I ended up getting a little too drunk, but other than that, it was great. Apples to Apples is so fun! Woo for 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having us over!! I'm glad Apples to Apples was a hit :) We had a blast, thank you for giving up the cleanliness of your house to have people come party! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)