Thursday, January 27, 2011

Funeral

I know I have been absent, but as you may be aware, my grandma passed away. I have learned though that through this time, that I have the most amazing followers that I could ever ask for! Thank you all so much for your love and support during this time. It means the world to me to have you girls in my life.


The funeral was beautiful. My grandma looked amazing and so peaceful. I actually took it a lot better than what I thought I would because I know that I'll see her again one day and that she's in a much better place next to my grandpa.

It was nice to see my family, especially everyone who I haven't seen in ages. The only person that was missing was my cousin Matthew who is in boot camp. (The person behind me on the left is our pastor). And in case you were wondering who the guy in the picture with me is my cousin Shane, who is around the same age as I allowing us to have grown up together.






I realized though that the only time people really come together are for two reasons: a wedding (a much happier time) and a funeral (not so happy).
I wish it was more.


And I also realized that you can never take too many photos. So please make sure that you too take as many photos as you can so you can share all the great memories. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and glad you are at peace. It is true that people only come together at those things. Reunions can be seen as a chore to go to, but really those are people coming together just because and that is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you got a chance to see all of your family, though I wish it was on better conditions. I'm also glad that your grandma is at peace and that you are doing well. Maybe this would be a time to suggest family reunions? I know that my family [or half of it; we're 1/2 west coast and 1/2 east coast] has huge get togethers for Thanksgiving. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you're back! It's great to be with family but the circumstances could have definitely been better. Glad you are doing good though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)