Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

This is a recipe that I got from a family friend. I was hesitant because it was banana pudding, but tried it anyways, thinking that it was going to be disgusting. Oh my gosh, was I wrong - it was heaven! After I got the recipe I started making it for parties where everyone asks for the recipe. You have to make it for a party because there is plenty of servings for everyone. You will be the center of attention at the party with everyone asking you about this recipe.

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding 
recipe by Paula Deen found here

Ingredients

  • 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
  • 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.




In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.



Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.



Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.


Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies.


Refrigerate until ready to serve.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm gonna make these for sure. Thanks for sharing! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)