Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Updates

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!

Here are some of the latest updates that I forgot to add:

Last Saturday: Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl

**Please note: I forgot my camera (which isn't a first) 
so these pictures are from friends.**

The night started off heading off to Ryan and Kara's place to help them move into their own very love nest. While we were there, Trav and I made his sweater for the Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl afterwards. We thought of it last minute and used fabric paint. Fabric paint = not a good idea because it takes a day to dry. We didn't realize this until after the fact. So Trav had to try drying his sweater so that way it wouldn't get all over. 



 Picture thanks to Kara


Pictures thanks to Becki and Champayne.

Our homemade sweaters:
Trav: Frosty the "Pee Man" a yellow snowman made with love.
Me: A washcloth of a cat pinned on a sweater. AKA: Crazy cat woman.
Cost: Priceless.

Tuesday: Christmas

You can see our Christmas photos here. We had to celebrate early because Trav worked Thursday, Christmas Eve, Christmas day. Plus, we were too excited to celebrate our first Christmas together in the house and with Tater.

Wed: Ice Skating

Trav and I decided to go ice-skating and had a great time. It was crazy busy since school was on winter break. We went for about 45 minutes because Trav fell flat on the ice. He had his cell phone in his jean pocket which actually jabbed his leg. He was talking about falling the whole time we were there, so I laughed thinking he did it on purpose. He did not. Not so funny because when he got up, besides barley being able to walk/skate, his cell phone screen got damaged. We do not have insurance on our phones. The rest of the night we spent watching tv and putting ice on his leg. The next day, thankfully, he was okay, but the big nasty bruise took 2 days to form. Tragic, I know.

Thurs: Making Goodies

Since I had some spare time this Christmas season, I made some chocolate drop pretzel goodies for my neighbors and personally delivered them with a Christmas card. It was nice to talk to everyone before Christmas to see what their plans were and whatnot.

Fri: Christmas Eve

Since Trav was working, I joined the friends, Steve and Janice, and attended their church for a Christmas service.


The candlelight service was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. It gave me tingles. This picture doesn't even capture half of it. Then everyone blew out their candle one by one. It was beautiful. I wonder what it would look like from Heaven in God's eyes to see all the candlelight services go on. 

Afterwards, we went to Steve (my neighbor) boss' family Christmas Eve Party. The thing that captured my attention the most was a wall full of stockings (which of course I forgot to take a picture of). On the fireplace mantle, each one of her children had a stocking (green), their spouses (red), and then the whole wall was full of their children stockings (white).

The family was fantastic. Making constant jokes and made you feel like you were part of the family. Even when eating, the guys told me to go grab seconds and that nobody would even noticed, and right when I went to sneak up (because they had PLENTY of left-overs), all of a sudden they yelled, "Ashley's the first one to get seconds!" and the WHOLE room looked at me and started laughing. Haha, very funny guys!

Steve went ahead and dressed up as Santa. He played the part perfectly and all of the little kiddies LOVED him and kept telling him thank you. You should have seen all their faces light up. It was adorable. :)


Their HUGE family was awesome. It really made me think that I want a huge family (at max 5 kids). I want to be able to have huge family gatherings and lots of grandbabies so I can spoil them all.

Oh and here's a picture of the Christmas Eve moon. It was HUGE and very low to the ground. My neighbors and I just stood there in amazement.


Sat: Christmas Day

Christmas morning I made banana pudding. You can find the recipe here. It is a must if you are having a huge gathering because there is SO much.

I then made my way to the neighbors once again to have Christmas dinner with them. They were nice enough to invite me since they knew Trav had to work.

Tatum was able to get all of his energy out and slept the whole next day. He played with their grandson, Anthony, who wrestled him. Even though, Tatum did pin him down and licked him to show him that he was in charge. Usually, when Trav and Tatum wrestle, Tatum never stands a chance.

What to look forward to next:

* Trav's birthday is on the 29th. Yes, way to cose to Christmas. But, since he is working on his birthday we are celebrating on Monday. Also, on Monday, it is my best friends birthday, Jocelyn. (I am thinking they planned this together to make me SUPER broke around Christmas time). 

* New Years! We're having a bash and inviting some friends. Should turn out to be pretty awesome. We're even thinking about taking a midnight dip into the pool to bring in the new years!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time, and how sweet of your neighbors to take you in like family! Hope Travis had an okay day at work and that it wasn't too crazy.

    I finally posted pics of you guys before the sweater bar crawl on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, sounds like you had an awesome holiday! Second, LOVE your new layout! Yay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)