I heart you Paula Deen! She is seriously the best cook for the fattest, sugariffic, forget-me-not, easy desserts.
I have been in the mood for dessert lately, and my neighbor let me know about this recipe featured on Paula Deen's cooking show. It was so simple, I could not forget it. I chose the Bar Supreme mix because it has the best of 3 worlds: brownie, candy bar, and chocolate chip cookie.
Symphony Brownies recipe found here
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or 325 degrees for glass baking dish.
- Lightly grease the bottom only of an 11 x 7 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl prepare brownie mix according to directions on the package, using 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup oil.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread brownie batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Unwrap candy bars and place them on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out with only a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Add cookie dough when there and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Make sure both cookie dough and brownie mix is cooked completely before removing.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool on wire rack before cutting into squares or other shapes.