Thursday, November 11, 2010

Symphony Brownies

I heart you Paula Deen! She is seriously the best cook for the fattest, sugariffic, forget-me-not, easy desserts. 

I have been in the mood for dessert lately, and my neighbor let me know about this recipe featured on Paula Deen's cooking show. It was so simple, I could not forget it.  I chose the Bar Supreme mix because it has the best of 3 worlds: brownie, candy bar, and chocolate chip cookie.



Symphony Brownies recipe found here
  • 1 (19 7/8 ounce) box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix (or whatever your favorite brownie mix is)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 (7 ounce) Hershey's milk chocolate candy bars(or your favorite candy bar)
  • Store bought cookie Dough Mix (I added myself; optional)
Prep Time: 5 mins 
Total Time: 45 mins


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or 325 degrees for glass baking dish. 
  2. Lightly grease the bottom only of an 11 x 7 inch baking pan; set aside. 
  3. In a large mixing bowl prepare brownie mix according to directions on the package, using 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup oil. 
  4. Stir until smooth.
  5. Spread brownie batter evenly into prepared pan.
  6. Unwrap candy bars and place them on top of the batter.
  7. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out with only a few moist crumbs clinging to it. 
  8. Add cookie dough when there and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Make sure both cookie dough and brownie mix is cooked completely before removing.
  9. Remove pan from oven and let cool on wire rack before cutting into squares or other shapes.
 Pure heaven.


    8 comments:

    1. Oh. My. God. Seriously. Wow.

      Uh, can I come over? Like immediately? And eat all of these?? Haha they look delicious!!!

      Seriously though I need to come over...I have something for you :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. wow. just....wow.

      those look fantastically sinful. and delicious. ♥ [i might even have to sneak that recipe into my mother's dessert routine for thanksgiving.]

      and thanks for the lovely comments on my blog! :) you are a dear.

      ReplyDelete
    3. oh. my. god.

      that looks so good!!! im going to have to try it!

      stop putting me in the mood for things... not good for my cravings hahah :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. You are an evil evil woman!! LOL! What about the chocolate chip cookie part?

      ReplyDelete
    5. i'm so glad i found your blog because that is absolute genius. thanks for sharing! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. wow i am seriously craving something sweet and your post just took things over the top. i love your food posts... and this one is something i can do, too!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Damn that looks delicious, nice blog btw

      ReplyDelete
    8. YUM! just found this on 20sb and just as well I did... tempted to head home and make these now!! Thanks for sharing!!

      Becs @ Stiletto Studio
      www.becslake.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for being so lovely! :)