Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Living Together = Torture??!


No matter what anyone says living together changes things. Some say it’s bad to live together before you get married, but I disagree. This is a big step before you get married to see if you can even live with each other without killing each other. Sometimes people aren’t what you expect them to be, and if you were to marry them, then it would be likely end in a divorce or an unhappy marriage. I am determined that when I do get married that it does work, so I guess this is the first big step.

These are the negatives and positives of what I have learned of living with my boo.

Negatives:
  •  You don’t have to impress each other because we already have each other. This means, that I can go all day with just wearing PJ’s or put toothpaste on my pimples (I have no idea if this actually works) and he can go a long time without getting his hair cut or does not always brush his teeth first thing when he gets up. (This is making us sound pretty gross, huh? LOL)
  • They know everything – even all the dirty little secrets!! Trav is a master at knowing what annoys me and despite of all that and does it anyway. Hahahaha.
  •  “Thank you” is implied. I don’t know if it is because we just expect it or what, but it just isn’t said that much anymore.


Positives:
  • You realize how much you love them and how much you miss him when them when they are away. My heart still skips a beat whenever I see him. I am still crazy in love with him and always will be. He’s my best friend, the best boyfriend ever, the best puppy daddy, a great son, a hero and everything that I want. I could not ask for more. I am truly blessed.
  • We get to see each other every day. This means every day I get kisses, hugs, and eye-to-eye, “I love you” each and every day.  We did the whole long distance thing for about a year, so I’m grateful for all of this.
  • The other one can make you feel better. 
  •  It’s the little things that matter because it adds up to the big things. Whenever I make breakfast or dinner, he comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me. And the other day I found a note hidden underneath a pillow. He still amazes me by the little things he does. It’s something so simple but it can mean so much.  Trav is also thrilled that he has to do such small things to keep me happy.
  • We don’t have to go on fancy dates anymore. No matter what we do, we always have fun. Even though we don’t have a lot of money, we can still do other kind of date nights that consists taking the truck out to a random place or having a candlelight dinner. This gives you new opportunities to think of new ideas for date nights and possibly things you would never do.
  • We can create new memories together. This week we’re excited to have Thanksgiving at our house and we’re making our first Thanksgiving meal together. We’ll see how it goes. Even if it is horrible, we can laugh at it later.
  • We’re a team. We can solve problems together because we communicate. If you want a relationship to work, communication is key.
  • I know him – the real him. He’s everything that I want in a man and more. I just hope I am everything that he wants too.
All I can say is that the pros def. out way the cons.



2 comments:

  1. i cant even tell you how glad i am that i lived with my husband for about 4 years before we got married. i couldnt imagine not living with someone first. my best friend and i always joke that we're the best of friends, know everything about each other, and love each other to death, but we could never live together. I think that no matter how much you love someone, it doesnt mean you can live with them.

    And always remember to say "thank you", and have dates, even if it is just the two of you, eating dinner with the tv off.

    i also highly suggest reading 5 love languages... it's my secret weapon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the pics of the two of you. So cute, fun, and smiley!

    My man and I didn't live together first but we've been married ten years tomorrow! Living together married or not is definitely a challenge and requires each person to keep giving their all and being creative. I loved the positives you mentioned. So true. I especially love the little things as well.

    Oh and I second Jamie's recommendation for the five love languages. I also love the five apology languages by the same author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)