Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back from Indiana!

Friends,


Oh how I have missed you! I haven't been able to write for a whole week because I took a short trip to Indiana! The weather there was cold, but delightful because it was a change from the warm weather in Arizona and the leaves were starting to change color. I always feel sad when I leave Indiana, because it will always be home no matter where I live. It's where I grew up and it's a part of me. 


Anyways, my trip consisted of:


Seeing only the best friends ever




Don't worry, this is how we look normally. :) 





Seeing a lovely couple get married

Weddings - I L.O.V.E them! There is just something about two people who want to spend the rest of their lives together. This wedding was definitely the largest wedding I have been to so far. It was one of Trav's friends who got married to his high school sweetheart (who doesn't love happy endings?). Apparently Trav  knew everyone there and although we graduated together, apparently I knew no one (crazy, huh?). 




Plus, weddings give me good ideas for when I get married (take for example the table setting) whenever that will be.

Threw my parents a surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary Party

I amaze myself, because I did it again. I don't know how I am so good at hiding big secrets, but I managed well enough that my mom had tears in her eyes.




















My parents made it to 25 years without killing each other! I have been so lucky that I never had to deal with the d-word (divorce). It's something that I think I would not be able to handle. Like everyone knows, it's not easy to keep a marriage together. They are my inspiration of what love is all about (through thick and thin). 

Spent time with the love




Although we live together, we sometimes feel like we don't see each other enough. Do you ever get that feeling? Trav has been a busy man lately because he is taking retaking a class (so he can try to get into CRNA school) while working his regular 12 hour shifts.

We assumed that we'd be spending time apart for the week since we both have families in Indiana (plus I wanted to sleep in my own comfortable bed). Yet, he called me and told me he missed me, so I saw him every day afterwards. Like my mom says, "Love, love, love" (exaggerating). 

*Coming Home*

Our flight got delayed because there was literally golf-sized hail in Phoenix. At least we were only stuck at the airport for an additional hour, but we were anxious to get home. We missed our Tater Tot sooooo incredibly much (like I said people, he's our baby). 

The people who were watching him called to say that he was limping. That night we came home thinking that Tatum would jump all over us, but he did no such thing. Instead, he gave us kisses, but we saw that he was limping. We took him to the vet the next day. The vet thinks that it is just his growth plates and that he'll grow out of it. He gave us medication and sent us on our way. Poor Tater, sometimes I think that he just has some bad luck since he always seems to be taking medication since he was only 3 months. But we did find out that Tater grew like a weed, and weighs a whopping 35 pounds now!  

**Sad note** Trav and I went to visit my grandma, who has been up and down for the last year. She was even told it was cancer by one doctor, while another doctor said it wasn't. My grandma has been acting very oddly. She was diagnosed with dementia the day we came back to Arizona.











P.S. Picture of the Day that makes you say, "Aww" :) 




My parents dog had surgery where he kept licking his stitches. My mom came up with the genius idea of putting underwear on him so he wouldn't be able to lick and pull the stitches out. He looks miserable, but he looks so damn cute!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! So sorry to hear about your grandma though :(

    I bet it feels good to be home - especially since the weather here has FINALLY been nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being so lovely! :)